Search This Site

Her Little Hand In Mine



Susan Nikitenko
Poem Poster
Poem By Joan Costner


HER LITTLE HAND IN MINE


A new little life at our house,
Complete with eternal soul ~
Someone to cuddle and play with,
New reason to set higher goals...
In the past I may have been careless ~
Now, I ask for guidance divine
For in my mind I've a picture
Of her little hand in mine.

She'll follow. I know, all my footprints,
And be known by the names that I wear,
So I'll make my decisions in earnest ~
I'll choose with still greater care;
For I know she'll copy my motions ~
She'll know when I step out of line;
Lord, help me to live so I'm worthy
Of her little hand in mine!

It's only a thin silver ribbon ~
This life so quickly can pass!
Just what I teach her of Jesus
Will for all of eternity last!
God. help me keep my affections
And hers, attached firmly to Thine ~
And walk toward the promise of Heaven
With her little hand in mine!

Joan Clifton Costner
Copyright 



 Proverbs 22:6

Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.



Poetry And Other Materials On This Site Can Be Freely Used For Christian Bible Centered Non-Profit Ministries And must Remain Unchanged In Any Way. All Other Purposes Are With Permission Only. You May Make Requests At "treasurebox18@yahoo.com" All my poems with stories are both real and fictional designed to illustrate a biblical truth. All Rights Reserved. Please Include Site Name And Link Back To This Blog. Thank-You.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share With This Writer Your Comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Popular Posts