Search This Site

I'm Only Going Home (Song) ~ Joan Clifton Costner


Here is a song I wrote a very long time ago….I still like it.
 It doesn't make a bad poem. 
 Joan
·
I'm Only Going Home
4/4

It could be a day just like today,
When You come to take this child away -
My heart could skip a beat or two
And suddenly I’d be with You -
And it could be a day just like today.

Chorus:
BUT DON'T YOU CRY AT MY PARTING,
I'VE LIVED MY LIFETIME FOR THIS;
DON'T YOU CRY AT MY PARTING
AT LAST THE NAIL PRINTS IN HIS HANDS I'LL KISS,
WITH EYES BEHOLDING JESUS,
AND FEET THAT WALK THE STREETS OF GOLD
I WON'T BE NEEDING SORROW -
I'M ONLY GOING HOME!

I've looked for You to come, dear Lord, so long,
And I've sung about You in my song,
But this one thing I surely know
Each year - each day - I older grow
And it could be a day just like today.

Chorus
Life’s uncertain, that’s one thing for sure
Things don't ever stay the way they were -
Just a moment - it could mean
I'd leave this world, my soul set free,
And it could be a day just like today!

Chorus
I've always thought You'd come again someday...
I still believe it’s true just as You say,
But if You call before that day
I'll take Your hand, You'll lead the way
And it could be a day just like today!

Last Chorus:
But don't you cry at my parting,
I've lived my lifetime for this,
Don't you cry at my parting -
At last the nail prints in His hands I'll kiss!
With eyes beholding Jesus
And feet that walk the streets of Gold
I won't be needing sorrow-
I'm only Going Home!
Tag:(ret.)
No, I won't need your sorrow any more....
I'm only... going .....Home....
Just going Home...

©Joan Clifton Costner

It made me cry.





Poetry On This Site Can Be Freely Used For Christian Bible Centered Non-Profit Ministries And must Remain Unchanged In Any Way. All Other Purposes Are With Permission Only. All Information Must Be Included. You May Make Requests At "treasurebox18@yahoo.com" All Rights Reserved

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share With This Writer Your Comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Popular Posts