Search This Site

Lord, I Believe ~ Joan Clifton Costner


Lord, I Believe

I ask the same searching questions
My grandmother asked long ago;
The same God that comforted her fears
Will comfort mine too, I know.
The same stars shone down on my mother,
The heavens change little it seems,
And life comes and goes like a vapor ~
The same thoughts invade all men’s dreams.
We search so hard to find answers,
Through space and through eons of time;
Through microscopes, atoms, equations,
We search for a reasoning mind.
But He told us that it was so simple
A child would not err therein;
He told us that Faith was the answer,
And Grace freely saved us from sin.


Suppose all of God, the Almighty
Was laid out in ultimate proof,
Suppose equations and answers
At last gave us positive proof;
How would our Faith work within us?
Would we dare call it “Faith” again?
Could Trusting be labeled as real Trust?
Could Grace be bestowed on us then?
Once He said we had Moses and prophets ~
Indicating that, that was enough,
And continuing Grace, Love and Guidance
Tells my heart it avails from above;
For as God placed the stars in the heavens
To shine on for eternity
So the Faith in my heart grows and blossoms !
It is truly enough for me!’
Lord, I believe!


Joan Clifton Costner
Copyright


Poetry On This Site Can Be Freely Used For Christian Bible Centered Non-Profit Ministries And must Remain Unchanged In Any Way. All Other Purposes Are With Permission Only. All Information Must Be Included. You May Make Requests At "treasurebox18@yahoo.com" All Rights Reserved

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share With This Writer Your Comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Popular Posts